Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Description: Teach For Tanzania (TFT) is a countrywide social organization working to end educational inequity in Tanzania. TFT innovative approach is designed to help improve the quality of education for all children in Tanzania and ensure every child has an excellence opportunity to quality education irrespective of their social economic circumstances. Teach For Tanzania’s bold vision relies on the idea that by harnessing our nation’s most promising recent graduates and immersing them in a rigorous training, mentorship and support, and placing them in underserved communities in a two-year full-time teaching experience, they will emerge as effective teachers, school heads, and well-rounded leaders who possess grit, resilience, determination and a sense of possibility to go on to transform their nation’s education system as alumni leaders working in the private and public sectors.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for ensures that the organization has the financial capabilities to run effectively. The position will based on Bunda, Mara and Mwanza office but may require travel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the integrity of the organization’s financial data
- Supervise the general accounting, accounts payable, cash management, financial and regulatory reporting, grant and contract accounting and reporting, payroll operations and state registrations
- Review, approve and posit all journal entries, as well as review and approve all cash and investment reconciliations
- Oversee and manage the financial reporting function, including the preparation of financial statements and grants reporting and management processes
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against history and goals, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Coordinate with development team to ensure consistency of reporting
- Manage annual audits
- File taxes
- Maintain the organization’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all organization transactions and assets
- Monitor the management, efficiency, and evolution of all banking relationships, financial returns, cost structures, and processes
- Establish, document, and communicate major economic objectives and policies for the organization
- Oversee budget planning process and serve as a resource to team budget managers and trackers
Qualifications and Experience for the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance; master’s degree in accounting preferred
- CPA certification required
- Experience managing an accounting department within a transaction heavy environment required
- Previous management experience required
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to effectively communicate in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Strong work ethic; appreciation for deadlines and adherence to project plans
- Proficient in Excel, accounting software packages commonly used within small and medium sized organizations, and Internet based technology solutions
- Ability and desire to thrive in an entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture
Mode of Application:
Applicants should send one email with one attachment to email@example.com The subject line of the email should be “Finance Manager Application” and the attachment should contain: 1) a cover letter 2) a curriculum vita (CV). No need to send certificates, diplomas and degrees. Those will be requested if you are interviewed. Applications will be accepted until May 23, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Teach For Tanzania (TFT) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, gender, age, disability, or marital status.